Skip to content
Talks & Workshops
Selected recorded talks
- Supply and demand shocks of the Covid-19 pandemic. Oxford Martin School, The economics of the COVID-19 pandemic lecture series, 16 September 2020, Watch here
- Occupational mobility and automation. MPI Centre for Humans and Machines seminar series, November 2020, Watch here
- The multiplex nature of global financial contagion and the economy. NetSci Satellite MixNext2020, 9 December 2020, Watch here
Upcoming and previous talks
- June 13, 2023. Institute of Economics and EMbeDS Seminar.
- June 8, 2023. Economic Fitness and Complexity Summer School.
- May 26, 2023. ANET Lab Seminar series.
- January 31, 2023. On Agent-Based Modelling. Winter Workshop on Complex Systems
- January 15-19, 2023. Division of labor and social cohesion. Complexity Science Hub Winter School.
- October 31, 2022. The impact of automation and the Covid-19 pandemic on the labor market and the causes of the Great Resignation. Harvard Growth Lab seminar
- September 29, 2022. Diversifying AI: How to achieve diversity?, Hosting panel discussion at RIIAA LatAm.
- September 28, 2022. A non equilibrium labor market model of occupational mobility and labor transformations, DDEABM workshop.
- September 22, 2022. How Can Complexity Economics Give More Insight Into Political Economy, Santa Fe Institute ACtioN Briefing.
- August 12, 2022. Complexity economics – a non-equilibrium approach to policy, Government Economics Network in New Zealand annual conference (GEN 2022)
- August 10, 2022. Consequences of heterogeneity in labor markets and firms outcomes, Santa Fe Institute seminar.
- July 12, 2022. Agent Based Modelling: Applications to inequality, Complexity GAINs summer school.
- April 4, 2022. Workshop on Supply Chain Networks and Input-Output Modeling, World Bank. Joint talk with Anton Pichler
- February 16, 2022. Data-Driven and Non-Equilibrium Network Models of the Economy: Applications to the COVID-19 pandemic and automation in the labour market, CEU seminar.
- January 11, 2022. Labour market transitions: Findings and research directions from a novel dataset, ILO webinar.
- December 13 2021. Complexity Economics, Complex systems course at IIMAS, UNAM.
- July 15, 2021. How AI can drive the skills revolution, LearnTech meet up.
- June 30, 2021. NetSci 2021 Satellite Complex Networks in Economics and Innovation
- February 19, 2021. Occupational mobility and automation. Simulation-based Science colloquium.
- December 17, 2020. The economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic: A non-equilibrium network model. UBICS Complex Systems and COVID-19 seminar series.
- December 9, 2020. The multiplex nature of global financial contagion and the economy. NetSci Satellite MixNext2020. Watch here
- November 17, 2020. Occupational mobility and automation. MPI Centre for Humans and Machines seminar series, Watch here
- October 29, 2020. El impacto económico de COVID-19 en industrias y profesiones, C3 UNAM lunch complejo, Watch here
- September 16, 2020. Oxford Martin School, The economics of the COVID-19 pandemic lecture series, Watch live or later
- September 21, 2020, Lightning talks, NetSci 2020.
- July 18, 2020. IC2S2 Conference, Conference video link here
- July 2, 2029. INET Young Scholar, with Anton Pichler, Watch talk here
- May 12, 2020. Geneva Macro Labs Webinar, Watch webinar here
- May 11, 2020. Harvard Growth Lab Seminar.
- April 22, 2020. Financial Computing Seminar at UCL, Watch talk here
- November 2019. PastNet, Complexity Science and Past Complex Systems,
- November 2019. New Complexity Economics, ACtioN meeting hosted by Santa Fe Institute, Santa Fe New Mexico.
- October 2019. Data Science Meets the Economics of Science, Technology and Innovation, Workshop organized by CAGE-NESTA.
- 2018. AI, Computational Social Science, and the Future of Work Topical Meeting. ACtioN meeting hosted by Santa Fe Institute and Willis Towers Watson, London .
- 2017. Shifting Paradigms – Economics in the 21st Century. Aberdeen Political and Economic Group, Aberdeen 2017.